Territory Manager – Business Development
Business to business sales professionals, we are seeking a Territory Manager for our Fort Myers, Florida office to grow a defined multi-state region in the western United States. This position will require a combination of networking/prospecting for new business while managing and expanding existing accounts. You will report to the Director of Sales and will have regular interaction with engineering, marketing, and internal support teams.
As a Territory Manager your primary responsibility will be to increase sales by strengthening business relationships with the current customer account base while simultaneously prospecting for new customers to increase market share in your assigned territory.
Specific duties will include but are not limited to:
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Managing value added resellers and industry customers.
- Proactively listening to and understanding the customer’s needs to identify viable solutions and business opportunities.
- Utilizing value added consultative selling techniques to capture business.
- Obtaining and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of our product line in order to demonstrate technical understanding of the fuel optimization process.
- Effective communication both internally and externally to support & develop business.
- Properly maintaining the CRM to provide monthly reports to summarize the active sales pipeline.
- Reporting of activity within your territory, trends observed, & competitive actions to make recommendations for increasing market penetration.
A Territory Manager must be a resourceful, self-confident person with a resilient attitude and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment. It is also important that they possess exceptional communication & interpersonal skills, trustworthiness, credibility, and an aptitude for influencing decision makers on all levels of business.
Specific qualifications for the position include:
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing, engineering, or related field is preferred
- Five or more years of technical business to business (B2B) sales experience
- Industrial or manufacturing sales experience is a plus
- Proven track record of successful sales growth within an assigned territory
- Exceptional computer skills & CRM experience
- Availability for occasional travel
- Trade show attendance and participation
- Ability to work independently and multi-task
- Strong business acumen
- Collaborative sales approach
- Professional presence and maturity
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Solution based selling experience is preferred
- Competitive base salary
- Uncapped commission structure
- Sales incentive bonuses
- Medical, dental, vision, & healthcare plans
- Long & short-term life insurance
- Company Laptop & cell phone
- Long-term career potential with advancement opportunities
About AXI International:
AXI International specializes in fuel conditioning, treatment, filtration and Certified Clean Fuel technologies. AXI has product developments expanding over seventy countries and over twenty years of extensive research that has placed us at the forefront of diesel fuel quality advancements. We are paving the way of supplying optimal fuel and total fuel system services to all corners of the globe.
The headquarters and manufacturing facilities are based in Florida, USA with an extensive multi-national distribution network.
Please forward your cover letter and resume to kmitchell@axi-international.